Job Fair on December 7 in North Salem, NY
Community Based Services is growing and we are expanding our many innovative initiatives. Now is a great time to join our team and develop a meaningful career!
Flexible Full-Time and Part-Time positions in Dutchess, Westchester, and Putnam counties are available. Experienced and entry-level interests in supporting people with autism and developmental disabilities welcome.
- Competitive salaries
- Consistent and flexible scheduling to fit your life
- Positions where you live – in Dutchess, Putnam, and Westchester counties, and a short commute from Orange, Rockland, and Ulster counties in NY, and Fairfield County, CT
- Paid training
- Medical benefits for full-time employees
Are you creative, compassionate, and energetic? Our HR team would love to speak with you in person during one of our on-site job fairs.
Community Based Services,3 Fields Lane, North Salem, NY
December 7, 2021 from 8:00 am- 6:00 pm
Simply arrive at 3 Fields Lane at a time convenient for you between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm on December 7 and let the receptionist know you would like to speak with Human Resources Recruitment and Retention Specialist Frank DiMaggio.
Cultivating Dreams Farm, 18 Meadow Road, Hopewell Junction, NY
December 9, 2021 from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Simply arrive at a time convenient for you between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm on December 9 and enter the farmhouse through the back porch. Managers from each program will be waiting to speak with you!
Habilitation and Direct Support Jobs at Community Based Services
Community Based Services is a non-profit organization providing services to people with disabilities in the Hudson Valley and Taconic regions since 1981. Our goal is to always provide each person with opportunities for a meaningful life, tailored to their unique preferences and personalities in an environment that is safe and nurturing.
We offer the following opportunities for you to make a positive difference:
Community Habilitation Specialist
- Assist individuals with disabilities to achieve their goals through recreational, social, and skill building activities within their homes and the community.
Residential Direct Support Professional
- Help individuals with disabilities lead their best life. Support them with activities of daily living and routines, providing personal choice. Ensure the safety and wellbeing of individuals while encouraging independence, socialization, and skill-building. Support individuals with exploring and participating in their community through shopping, social connections, recreation, and volunteer activities.
Residential Group Day Habilitation
- Assist our individuals with all activities associated with daily living, and provide them with the best quality of life as they are able to experience. Provide our individuals with a safe, clean, orderly and predictable environment, in the least restrictive setting, and to enable our individuals to experience, as closely as possible, the patterns of a normal life.
- Support people within their homes while giving other caregivers a well-deserved break. Engage in recreational, social, and skill-building activities. Ensure safety and care while encouraging independence and personal choice. This rewarding position provides the opportunity to work closely with other team, family, and community members while developing your knowledge and skillset through paid training.
Direct Support Professional for Dutchess and Westchester Without Walls Programs
- The Day Habilitation Direct Support Professional is responsible for providing habilitative services to individuals in the community that will facilitate community inclusion, integration, and relationship building according to the individual’s service plan. This is accomplished by providing habilitative services that foster and encourage life skills to enable the individual to live with the greatest degree of independence.
What to do if you can’t make it
Can’t make it on December 7 or December 9? Don’t worry. Call Human Resources Recruitment & Retention Specialist Frank DiMaggio at 914-236-1146 to schedule another time.
We look forward to meeting with you!